Paul spent the first part of the week at Warner Robbins in GA with approximately 40 other Chaplain Candidates. He was assigned a flight and a wingman and likes both. He had great quarters, great food, good workouts, and lots and lots of information! He was briefed on the J-Stars, which is the plane that Shawn used to fly when he was at Warner Robbins.
The second part of the week they all headed to Patrick AFB in Florida, right near Coco Beach, where some of the highlights were - being briefed on para-rescue jumpers, touring Cape Canaveral, and having lunch/interviews with a General and a Colonel. Of course while he was at both bases he helped to plan services, memorials, worship, devotions, and the like.
I spent the week on my own for the first time in I can't even remember how many years. It was both good and bad. I really missed my family of course, and I thought I'd get a lot of projects done, but mostly I was having to entertain all the people who felt bad for me that I was all alone and thought I needed some company. It seems I spent almost all of my free time on the phone or entertaining friends. : ) (But, it's nice to be loved)
The boys had a great time. I called to say goodnight every night and they would fill me in on their day's adventures. George and Suji seemed to enjoy themselves as well. There were a few trips to the toystore, the playscapes, the pool, movies, library, and some time with a cousin who lives nearby. And there was lots of time with their dog Watson, whom the boys adore.
Friday, July 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations Paul on receiving the "Unrivaled Wingman Award" and for your Flight recieving "Honor Flight!" The Air Force is learning something about you as you learned more about the Air Froce.
And especially congratulations to the whole family for being able to be together again.
Love
Mom and Dad
<><
Post a Comment